How Does This Work?
Our Website Leasing Program includes a customized WordPress template. When you have subscribed, you will immediately receive a Style Survey to input your preferences for the look and feel of your website. After that, you will receive guidelines for preparing and delivering the content for your site. Once we have received all of your materials, we will begin developing your website. You will have an opportunity to request revisions to the design and the content, as well as a final round of “minor” tweaks. We want to make sure you are totally thrilled with the finished product!
Your new Portfolio Website plan includes the creation and customization of up to 5 static pages plus a blog. Your initial build includes 5 blog posts. Additional posts can be added each month using your recurring monthly credits.
- Divi theme - Licensed installation of Divi ($249 value).
- Customization - We will use your colors and logo to make your site uniquely your own.
- Your photos - We will optimize your photos to make sure they display properly and don't slow down your site.
- Stock photos - Up to 5 stock photos are included ($150 value).
- Your content - We will edit and format your content on each page. (Copywriting services are available for an additional fee, if desired.)
- Two “small tasks” per month - A “small task” is defined as something that can be accomplished in 30 minutes or less.
- Website hosting - Your site will be hosted on a shared WordPress hosting environment ($480 annual value).
- WordPress Maintenance - See below for details.
What’s Not Included
- Copy (aka the text for each page). All of the text for your site must be provided by you. If you would like to add on professional copywriting services, we would be happy to provide a quotation for this service.
- Imagery - Any photos or imagery for your site should come from you (with the exception of your included stock photos). If you don’t have images, we can select additional stock imagery for purchase.
- Domain Name - If you do not currently have a domain name, you will have to register and purchase one prior to getting started with us. (Let us know if you need assistance.) If you DO have a domain name, we may need credentials to the domain name registrar.
What Happens Now?
After agreeing to this contract and setting up billing, your first monthly payment will be charged. You will then receive a series of forms to walk you through the process of setting up your new website. Here is what you can expect:
Your website will be completed within 2 weeks of receiving all of your information.
Please Note: Development must be completed within the first two months. After that, any work done on your website will be subject to your 1 hour monthly development time.
- Style Questionnaire. This form will ask for your preferences on colors and fonts, as well as examples of websites you like and those you dislike.
- Content Questionnaire. Now that we have an idea of the look, goals, and structure of the site, it’s time to fill it up with your amazing content! We will send you a link to a Google Drive folder where you can easily share all the information with us.
- Kick Off Call. After you have submitted all of your information, you will receive a link to schedule a call with us to go over any questions or clarifications we or you may have.
Modern websites need constant monitoring, updates, and maintenance, just like your car needs regular oil changes and tune ups. All necessary maintenance and monitoring is included in your subscription. ($75/mo value)
Here is what’s included with your Website Lease maintenance:
- Daily full site backups - Stored securely in cloud storage
- All updates to WordPress
- Weekly theme updates
- Weekly plugin updates
- Weekly database maintenance - Optimize database overhead, clear post revisions
- Weekly spam clean-up
- Daily security scans - Immediate notification of malware or site blacklisting
- Daily vulnerability detection - Flags insecure plugins based on
- Daily performance check - Checks load time, YSlow and Google PageSpeed scores
- Uptime monitoring - Checks every 5 minutes
- Monthly report
In the event of breakage or conflict due to scheduled maintenance, FocusWP will spend up to 30 minutes troubleshooting and attempting to repair the issue(s). If all issues are not resolved in that time, your site will be restored to the most recent stable backup and you will be contacted with recommended next steps.
The Fine Print
Monthly lease fees begin at the time of subscription and renew monthly on that date, or the previous business day in the event of weekends / holidays. A credit card is required for a website lease subscription. Late payments will be subject to a 5% late penalty for every 5 days past due.
Any overages (hours or expenses) beyond the scope of this contract will be billed on the 30th of the month. You will never be billed for work completed without your prior consent.
Subscribing to the Website Leasing Program commits you to 12 months. There is no cancellation or proration possible. If you wish to terminate your contract prior to the 12th month, the entire remaining balance for all unpaid months will be due immediately.
Upgrades will be possible at any point during your 12 month contract at a prorated rate.
APPROVAL OF FINAL ARTWORK
You are responsible for proofreading and approving all final copy (text) before the launch of the new website. Email verification from you shall be conclusive as to the approval of all artwork, logos, photographs or designs. Additional fees may apply for edits made after Final Artwork has been approved.
FocusWP reserves the right to use images of and links to all work produced under this contract for self promotion.
Please fill in the information below to indicate your approval of these terms.